Sunday, October 14, 2012

Opinions Needed ASAP

Can you tell a difference between these two backsplashes?Do you like one better than the other?
Which one?


I designed one of these styles to go in our bathroom.  The OTHER one was installed.  I need to decide QUICKLY if I'm going to fight to have it redone correctly or IF I can just live with it (as long as they give me some kind of credit towards our bill - or something like that).

Of course, the granite in real life is much quieter than that.  There is a basin installed to break it up also.  Our walls are not that color and the lights are much higher above the countertop.

(I'll throw up a picture of the real deal later this afternoon)

5 comments:

  1. The picture on the right has a slightly higher backsplash. If that's not the issue then I guess I can't tell. Although I like the higher one a bit better, mostly for cleaning purposes, it wouldn't be a big deal to me either way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the higher one too, but it honestly doesn't bug me too much. If they give you credit for it I might consider fixing it just because you want it the way you designed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I talked to Jesse about it, he said if it's not right they have to fix it. They aren't going to mess with credits or anything like that. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like the one on the right better, but that's because of the woven design. It feels that it's missing part of it. But that's only because I'm comparing. If I looked at it without the comparison, it wouldn't be a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was supposed to be the higher one. Because I knew what it was supposed to look like I didn't like the lower one because of exactly what Laurie said. It looked like it was missing part of the pattern. They couldn't get more tile like that for at least a month so they let us replace the backsplash with another style of tile that they had in stock. It's completely different but it works. It actually looks quite pretty with it so, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete