Saturday, July 28, 2012

Just a little surprised

This was a nice surprise. 

We didn't request or ask for this feature, but are delighted to have it.  Now there is a place for the dryer hose to tuck into so it will snug nicely into the little washer/dryer nook we've created.

This was a funny surprise.

It was interesting to look up into the rafters of the garage and realize they use cardboard at the vents.  Apparently that will stay there permanently.  I'd have thought they would use something that doesn't have the capability to deteriorate, but I trust them?  No, really.  I do.  Rob tells me this is common practice and builders have been doing it this way for years. 

1 comment:

  1. We have cardboard over our vents too! I also freaked out, thinking it would just rot away up there. But apparently it is special construction cardboard that has been treated so it won't rot, and because it is so light it is the best material for the job. Weird!

    ReplyDelete